13 December 2023

History of GCC Special Event Callsigns

When I got my license in mid-2023, I decided to apply for A91ND as a dedicated callsign celebrating the Bahrain National Day every year. This event was established before establishing the Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS).

I was targeting to apply a dedicated callsign for each country in the Arabian Gulf.

In 2017, in cooperation with Saudi hams, I applied for A91ARS as a dedicated callsign celebrating the Saudi National Day every year. This special event was before establishing the Saudi Amateur Radio Society (SARS) and Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS). Many people asked me why I choose ARS instead of KSA, the reason is that the abbreviation of Saudi Arabis in the International Telecommunication Union ITU is ARS. 

In 2018, I applied for A91YOZ as a dedicated callsign celebrating the Year of Zayed event. This event was before establishing the Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS).

In 2018, I applied for A91UAE as a dedicated callsign celebrating the Emirates National Day every year. This event was before establishing the Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS).

In 2019, I applied for A91KWT as a dedicated callsign celebrating the Kuwaiti National Day every year. This event was before establishing the Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS).

In 2019, I applied for A91OMA as a dedicated callsign celebrating the Omani National Day every year. This event was before establishing the Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS).

In 2021, I applied for A91GCC as a dedicated callsign celebrating the anniversary of Gulf Cooperation Council Day every year. This event was after establishing the Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS).

In 2023, I applied for A91SFD as a dedicated callsign celebrating the Saudi Founding Day every year. This event was after establishing the Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS).

In 2023, I applied for A91QTR as a dedicated callsign celebrating the Qatari National Day every year. This event was after establishing the Bahrain Amateur Radio Society (BARS).

Now, all Amateur Radio Societies in GCC are celebrating the National Days of each country.

No comments:

Post a Comment